The Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley (the Boards), the Mackenzie Valley Review Board, the Government of the Northwest Territories, and Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada are excited to host the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act (MVRMA) Workshop 2021 online from March 9 - 11, 2021. This year’s workshop theme is Well-being and the MVRMA: Making good resource co-management decisions in the Mackenzie Valley.
The MVRMA requires resource co-management Boards to consider the social, cultural, and economic well-being of residents of the Mackenzie Valley in their decisions. It also highlights the importance of conservation to the well-being and way of life of Indigenous people in the Mackenzie Valley. To help all resource co-management partners work towards more effectively considering well-being in decision making, the 2021 MVRMA workshop will include discussions about:
- what well-being means, from a variety of regional perspectives and worldviews
- the complex relationships that exist between development, resource co-management and the well-being of people and communities
- finding ways to maximize positive outcomes for well-being
- the links between sustainability and lasting well-being and
- managing cumulative impacts on well-being
The Boards look forward to planning a dynamic, informative, and fun online workshop to explore this important theme and continue to build strong, positive relationships between all resource co-management partners in the Mackenzie Valley.
Registration is now open, please click the link.