Wek’eezhii Land and Water Board Box 32, Wekweeti, NT XOE 1W0
Telephone: (867) 713-2500
Fax: (867) 713-2502
Wek’eezhii Land and Water Board #1-4905 48th St, Yellowknife, NT X1A 3S3
Telephone: (867) 765-4592
Fax: (867) 765-4593
- Ryan Fequet, Executive Director, (867) 765-4589
- Patricia Magrum, Administrative Coordinator, (867) 713-2500
- Simon Whitehouse, Communications Officer
- Anneli Jokela, Regulatory Manager, (867) 765-4588 (for all general enquiries)
- Roberta Judas, Regulatory Technician, (867) 713-2500
- Sarah Elsasser, Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor
- Meghan Schnurr, Senior Technical Advisor, (867) 765-4590
- Kassandra DeFrancis, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 765-4581
- Rhiana Bams, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 765-4583
- Marie-Eve Cyr, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 765-4584
If you are looking for information or would like to set up an interview, please contact the Executive Director, available at the phone number and email address above.
Due to the quasi-judicial nature of the Regulatory Process of the Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley, there are certain limitations as to what the Board Chair and Executive Director are able to speak about. Board decisions, submissions made by other parties, or any other evidence must speak for themselves.
The primary source of information for all matters before the Board is the WLWB Public Registry. The Registry contains all the evidence the Board has on file. We encourage you to contact the developer of the project and to visit its website to get other details about a water licence or land use permit under review. Land and Water Board staff can only give you a cursory overview of the project. The developer is the best one to describe its own project.
Media requests are referred to designated Executive Directors, who may provide remarks on procedural issues. It may be acceptable in certain situations for written responses to be provided by the Executive Director(s) to media requests.
Access to Information Requests
The Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley are independent, public boards funded by the federal government. Its governing legislation is the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act (MVRMA) and the Board is subject to the federal Access to Information and Privacy Acts. To submit a request, please visit our Access to Information Requests page.